Understanding the effects of different colors in interior design
When it comes to the art of interior design, the psychology of colors can have a profound effect on our moods, creativity, and functionality.
Choosing the proper mixture of colors when designing spaces may seem like a simple task, but as the matter of fact, it is an extremely precise and delicate process that should not be overlooked.
- So, what are the effects of different colors on interior design, and how do we know which ones to use and what shades to choose?
Whether we are taking about the color of the walls, tiles, decorations, furniture, or lights, it should be well-chosen in a way that reflects the intended ambience and atmosphere, where the inhabitants and clients can both feel a sense of beauty as well as comfort.
- Dark colors reflect intense emotions, and therefore, can be used in different settings such as bedrooms, living rooms, offices, restaurants, etc.
- colors like red, yellow, and orange are vibrant and can bring a positive energy to the space. Other colors like brown and grey reflect modernism, while purple is more associated with elegance, and black is a better word for sophistication.
- Darker shades of red, such as maroon, create an ambience filled with enthusiasm, which can lead to higher productivity.
- On the other hand, lighter colors can give off a sense of relaxation and a cooling effect. These can be applied in calmer settings such as bathrooms, doctors’ offices, hospitals, etc.
- Different shades of blue, white, and green can have a calming effect on the nerves. They can be used in spaces where a sense of reassurance and safety is needed.
One thing to keep in mind is that color choosing is also personal. That being said, a professional interior designer must take the client’s preferences into consideration when designing variant spaces.
Here at Masqat Marshall, we have a specialized team of designers who are more than qualified to help you create an environment that fully suits your needs and desires.
You are welcome to visit our website to check out our innovative designs, and contact us for more information.